Indoor Farming Laboratory Opened
As one of the first in the world designed to allow its scientists to continue working safely even through a pandemic, the purpose-built testing facility at LST’s Derby site will mimic, via a test and replicate process, a grower’s closed indoor environment and test new crops in its controlled environment chambers managing temperature, humidity and CO2. By running up to 12 concurrent trials in 6 chambers, a team including in-house scientists and top-level industry experts will harness historical and real-time data to help farmers and growers create the right recipe.
Utilising its Conviron A2000 reach-in grow chambers along with its integrated, fully updateable and bespoke lighting solutions, LST’s lab offers multiple benefits to growers while helping them achieve the optimal yield, including lowering CAPEX and OPEX costs.
By harnessing advanced lighting technology, LST’s lighting systems can identify the right spectral wave forms and PPFD levels required for any species of plant or microbiology and can validate the performance of a grower’s existing set-up or compare new solutions independently, using its own Quantum PAR Photo-Goniometer testing facility. Built inside a 22-metre bespoke light tunnel using its 2021 SSL Spectral Photo Goniometer, it can accurately measure PAR (400nm-700nm) Quantum PAR (250nm-1040nm) and CIE.*
The lab’s capabilities also mean it can measure plant health thanks to the LIcor LI-6800, the only photosynthesis system capable of measuring combined gas exchange and fluorescence from leaves and aquatic samples in just a few seconds with the highest level of accuracy and detail. It also instantly details temperature and humidity.
Other key elements include advanced water and environment testing, used to help growers identify the macronutrients in their plants and check for all types of food safety, quality and chemical contamination. And, to ensure only plant performance data is collected, GrowFoam, a natural biodegradable growing medium that has no effect on the plant, will be used in the chambers.
One of the most ground-breaking aspects of the lab is the focus on developing an AI capable of monitoring and proactively controlling environmental parameters and plant performance, by leveraging LST’s partnership with a number of universities and its work using an in-house Big Data resource. Using the latest stacked GPGPU technology, data can be brought to life to increase plant performance, taste control and quality.
- BE WATER LAMP 2022-03-27 3219
- essay on world peace 2022-03-08 3196
- Are Bug Zappers Really Effective Against Mosquitoes? The Answer May Surprise You 2022-02-23 3431
- Why is outdoor emergency lighting popular 2022-02-18 2972
- Why China Is "The World's Factory" 2022-02-17 2931
- that look like footballs. 2022-02-15 2983
- The function of the folded LED bulb 2022-02-14 2642
- How does emergency LED bulb work? 2022-02-11 3003
- The current situation of Chinese factories. 2021-07-18 2770
- Introduction to Dynamic Lighting Controller Brochure 2021-05-07 2852
- Lighting It Right: How to Choose the Perfect Table Lamp 2021-04-06 2104
- LED Dimmer 2021-03-25 1317
- Nightlight 2021-03-07 1364
- LED OEM agent factory 2021-02-28 1921
- What is mean by light music? 2021-02-24 1448
- AuRiver USB Rechargeable Inspection Lamps,with Super Bright COB Led 360 Degree Rotation Magnetic Plate and Handing Hook for Workshop Household Outdoor Camping Hiking Work Lights (Black) 2021-02-18 1374
- Do UV sanitizer lights really work? 2021-02-11 1665
- 5 reasons to buy color-changing light bulbs 2021-02-04 1386
- Portable germicidal lamp 2021-02-03 1389
- 2018 HK International Lighting Fair/2018 Mega Show 2018-12-29 1103